Thursday, July 23, 2009

Smell the Roses

As an adult, I am forced to admit that I often overlook and take for granted the beautiful simplicities of life. This week the children taught me something extremely important; take time to smell the roses… or weeds, whichever you have handy.

During outside time on Wednesday, Gabbi walked up to me with little white weeds in her hand. She put them up to her nose and breathed in their fragrance. Did they have a fragrance, you ask. To a child’s intricate imagination, of course they did. Judging by her smile, it was fresh and wonderful. "For you," she told me and added, "they need water." As we walked inside to place a handful of little weeds, which strongly resembled flowers into a cup of water, I was reminded of how special the little things in life truly are.

The problem? If you’re not looking for these little gifts, they could pass by unnoticed. Therefore, I am taking this opportunity to encourage you, all of you, to take time to smell the roses… or weeds, whichever you have handy!

Until Next Time,
Ms. Jolene
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
-- Albert Einstein

1 comment: